Live Chat

   ​

The UK’s Favourite performance car leads the way

SMC FordStore Crayford is now officially the Number 1 FordStore in the country for Mustang and Focus RS sales since the launch last year.

    

    

The Ford Mustang is the UK’s most popular high-performance sports coupe, ahead of competitors from Porsche, BMW, Jaguar and Mercedes. Figures for sports cars with 250PS or more put the Mustang at the front of the pack from January to July 2016.

Since Ford started taking orders in January 2015, the Ford Mustang has topped 4,000 sales to date, with total 2016 registrations at 2,317, so far. This puts the Mustang comfortably at the top of the table against rivals, the closest being the Jaguar F-Type with 1,446.

   ​

    ​

Top 10 250PS+ Performance Vehicles (YTD July 2016) –

  1. Ford Mustang (2,317)
  2. Jaguar F-Type (1,446)
  3. BMW 6 Series (1,367)
  4. Porsche 911 (1,315)
  5. Porsche Cayman (787)
  6. Audi TT (778)
  7. Porsche Boxster (526)
  8. Mercedes SL (489)
  9. Porsche 718 (482)
  10. BMW i8 (382)

    

The current split in sales across models shows that 70 per cent of customers specified the 5.0-litre V8 engine, with the remaining 30 per cent favoring the 2.3-litre EcoBoost. Total customer orders for the Ford Mustang in Europe now stand at more than 19,500 since the car was launched in the third quarter of 2015.

Since June this year, all Mustang models have been fitted sophisticated SYNC 3 infotainment system as standard, offering a redesigned eight-inch touchscreen and faster performance, and the ability for drivers to control their connected smartphones, audio, navigation, and climate functions with more conversational voice commands.

In addition, the new Ford Mustang is available to order with three new colour options – Grabber Blue, Lightning Blue and White Platinum.

The Mustang’s popular European introduction is another page in the exciting Ford Performance story, which continues with the success of ST, Fiesta ST200, Focus RS and GT. More than 6,500 enthusiasts applied to buy the all-new Ford GT in just one month – with over 50 from the UK alone.

SMC FordStore Crayford have led the way in contributing to these fantastic sales results as the No1 seller in the UK. Our Branch Manager - Alistair McEwen and his team have been working hard to ensure the interest in the Mustang and Focus RS has been welcomed by enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff at our wonderful facility in Crayford.

The Ford Mustang and the other Ford Performance vehicles are available from SMC, at our FordStore in Crayford. Book your test drive today.

Click here to see more about the successful Mustang