Transit24 Promise from SMC
Efficiency, accuracy and convenience are at the heart of the Transit24 commercial vehicle service promise.
When you drive a Ford van, you get the added assurance that we’ll always be there to help should anything go wrong. That means that all servicing, MOTs and repairs will be taken care of at your local SMC Transit Centre or Transit Service Dealer.
Our workshops are fitted with specialist equipment and run by a team of Ford-trained technicians. Certified by RAC, you can relax knowing that your van will be in safe hands.
All services come with the Ford Transit24 promise, which includes:
- You can book your vehicle in for a service via the 1link online booking system. We’ll get back to you in just 20 minutes.
- Servicing can be done while you wait, and there’s free WiFi for you to use.
- We’re open 7.30am – 6:30pm Monday to Friday and 8am – 1pm on Saturday, giving you flexibility to get your van serviced outside of working hours. There’s also a late night option on Thursdays for vans that are dropped off to us by 4pm – we’ll have your van ready for collection by 10am the next day.
- We’ll collect and deliver your vehicle for free if it’s within a 20-minute drive. Any more than that, and you can pay a small fee for the convenience. Plus, we’ll wash your vehicle so it comes back to you in showroom condition.
- Fleets with over 25 vehicles benefit from maximum recommended pricing that’s fixed for routine services.
- We’ll take care of unscheduled repairs as quickly as possible to help keep your business on the road and running efficiently.
- Urgent repairs are prioritised and we’ll carry out an initial diagnosis within two hours of your vehicle arriving at the workshop. This means that we can get any parts ordered and work scheduled quickly, so that we can complete the repair during the same working day wherever possible.
- While your vehicle is being repaired, we’ll give you alternative transport to use.
- Any problems can be diagnosed quickly and accurately using a specialised, internet-linked system.
MOTs and parts
- MOTs (including Class 4, 5 and 7 tests) will be carried out by us.
- We’ll also take care of tachograph servicing and speed limiting, which is VOSA-approved.
- We always use Ford parts when something needs replacing. They come with a ‘fitted in service’ parts warranty.
- If the part isn’t currently in stock, it will be delivered to us by 9am the following morning.
- All our technicians are trained by Ford and have access to technical information online. For further assistance in more rare faults, they have the support of a Ford technical helpline.
Whatever situation you find your vehicles in, we can help. Call your nearest SMC dealership or enquire online to book your car in for a service, MOT or repair.